Friday 25 July 2008

Featured Artist - Mary Trebilco

A month ago, i was fortunate enough to conduct a brief on-line interview with the photographer, Mary Trebilco.  Mary displays her work on RedBubble as well as Flickr, and her specailty is flower and macro water droplet photos.  Below is a small sample of her work.

      



 

 

What camera do you use?

I use a Canon Powershot S3 IS, which a friend recommended to me a couple of years ago. As a total amateur, I was desperately in need of help choosing the right camera, so I’m grateful to him for pointing me in the right direction. I just love it…. although I have a lot to learn yet before I’ll get the most out of it.

What is your favourite colour?

Tough question, really… because (especially when it comes to photography) I love all colour – and it depends on the situation. When it comes to clothing, I’d have to choose burgundy. But I love being surrounded by warm tones (probably because I live in Tasmania), so I tend to decorate with burnt ochre/terracotta shades.

What triggered your love for Macro H2O images?

A friend introduced me to Flickr late last year, and I was absolutely enthralled with the brilliant macro water shots I saw there from some very talented artists (like Angelique Brunas. When I finally learned how to use the SuperMacro setting on my new camera, I was amazed to find that I could get close enough to capture refractions etc. It’s rather addictive once you start, isn’t it?!

4.What else do you like to photograph?

I love to capture sunrises, sunsets and other scenic shots, but my main love is macro… either water drops, feathers or flowers – especially flowers – but I love it even more when you can combine two or more of them!!

What are your inspirations when photographing?

Colour, colour, colour…. and light. I’m not a colourful person normally, but I’ve come to love capturing rich or bold colours in my photographs, and the right light on something pretty will stop me in my tracks.

What would you do if you weren’t afraid?

Travel the world (with my camera, of course) .... but I’m afraid I don’t have anywhere near enough money to do it with!! ;-)

No comments:

Red Bubble Gallery

Red Bubble Gallery
view my photography at Red Bubble