Tuesday 26 May 2009

More or less to CRAPULOUS than meets the eye?

The term Crapulous refers to the feeling you have when you've eaten or have drunk far too much. If you're not sure, check the link and the little robot man will also pronounce it for you.



Well, I propose that a new meaning be given to the word Crapulous. You see, I visit this photographic website, that shall remain nameless. Their acceptance criteria is quite stringent. They don't want simple flowers or kittens or cute puppy dogs, and that's fair enough. They have high standards and want them maintained. They like dark, moody, art shots with just the right amount of grain, of movement, of tilting, of textures, not too processed and not to raw. Viewing the accepted images can be quite breathtaking - there are many stunning images. To date, all the images I have attempted to upload have been rejected. It's quite common to receive rejections, and as long as you don't let it get to you, then that's ok.



Earlier this week, I decided to take a look at all the images of mine they had rejected. Obviously, I'm biased, but I think they're fabulous. They think otherwise, they think they're crap. And b-i-n-g-o - we have a new use for the term Crapulous!



I present to you one of my Crapulous images:


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I reckon I know the site of which you speak.

These are frap!

(My take on fabulous crap!)

Red Bubble Gallery

Red Bubble Gallery
view my photography at Red Bubble